Monday, June 28, 2010

Au Revoir SA........

So, I arrive in Uganda in 3 days time. After reading the blog I am anticipating some rain, plenty of bad roads, lots of good food and lots of alcohol (and good company). I can live with that.

I am lucky my luggage allowance is 30kg as I have had numerous requests to bring STUFF!! The most important being Dry Wors from a specific butchery too!! So, minus 5kg from my luggage allowance, just for Dry Wors… I had to repack. I was then told to not worry about bringing too much luggage as all I really need is 4 pairs of pants/shorts… for 4 weeks??? I am starting to worry.


I have started to research places to stay in Mozambique, or rather one of my staff's father lives in Mozambique and has very kindly given me a lot of info on where to stay and where not to stay (more importantly). Where to go to swim with Manta rays and dolphins, best dive spots and places where we can stay and get Mates Rates …


After reading about some of the places they have had to stay in, I thought that a little preparation would get us hot showers and decent toilet facilities….


So, in just a few days time I get to view Silverback Gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forests National Park on the slopes of the volcanoes, Chimpanzee tracking in the Kibale forests and see the glorious Murchison Falls in Northern Uganda and MOST importantly I get to see Alan and Jess……….I don’t think any of us realised just how long a month is!!


Au Revoir…… SA, Soccer and all the Vuvuzelas

No comments:

Post a Comment